Saturday, June 30, 2007

halos



steven, our prodigy, was asking me about what was happening out in the yard. an understandable question given the machete hacking and whatnot. so i told him that we are building a medical clinic and when people are sick they can come see a doctor or a nurse and get medicine. and the first question out of his brillant mind was, "can they come for free?"
at the age of nine he understands a great bit of the turmoil here in his country and has taken on the weight of some of that burden. praise God i was able to tell him, yes, steven for free!
thank you Lord God for building us a medical clinic that will be free for those who are poor, those who cannot afford it themselves!
i know it doesn't look like much but it will be an amazing blessing for so many people!

15 Comments:

Blogger Sarah and Tim said...

God has big plans for this little man! Praise God for his heart and understanding. Maybe he can do something big for the country of Haiti someday:)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I think that it is wonderful that he is so concerned for his countrymen. Hopefully as our children grow up in the US, they will continue to carry their burden for those they have left behind. It will be so awesome to see what God has planned for our children to do to help their homeland when they are adults.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

I am so excited! YAY! It will be great! I can't wait to start helping those people! I can't wait to be one of the medical workers! Thanks you-you for the pictures! God is great!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

God is good!!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Kathy Eden said...

That is awesome! Praise God for Steven & the medical clinic!!!

7:19 PM  
Blogger angela said...

tanya, i am praying that our kids will have a heart for haiti and someday return to help down here. there is so much to be done and who better to do it than haitians with education, passion and a love for Christ!? i'm thrilled that we are going to be a part of how God reaches His people through this clinic!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

It is amazing to see what our Lord is doing. Also, Jennifer has done a great job on raising all of the money for the clinic. God is bringing a huge support system for this clinic!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I just think that it is wonderful! I am so happy that God is giving Three Angels yet another way to reach out to help its community! God is awesome!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Question: Are there any trees left?

I found some wooden swings that could hang from a tree branch. I think they would be awesome, but I see lots of trees on the ground.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

yeah, we had to cut two more down. Very sad actually. Once the dust settles, I would like to see what we can to to replace them--not that anything is as good as a mature tree... There are some in the back corner though. Actually those are the big ones that might hold a swing....

4:05 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

ok, well, I think I'll bring a couple of them and we'll see what we can do with them. Thanks!!

9:01 AM  
Blogger angela said...

I LOVE SWINGS!!!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Carsen said...

Yay for clinics and swings and the amazing kids I get to live with!!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh, I'm crying over how BIG Steven's heart is. Shawn and I also pray that someday he will return to Haiti to do God's will there. His passion is so contagious!!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Elias said...

Praise God for all He is doing through Three Angels!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home